At some point in our lives, we come up with goals that we think are realistic, but in reality, they can end up being far-fetched. In 2010, I was getting ready for a new season in my life – being a high school graduate and starting college.
Here are some goals from 17/18 year old me:
- Graduate with a degree in psychology from UNT
- Living in the Dallas area
- Working towards being a crime scene investigator
- Living on my own
- Stay in touch with a handful of people/friends
It’s safe to say that four out of five of these goals were never reached or were tweaked. The last goal, however, is still somewhat in tact – thanks Facebook! Here are some goals I’m looking forward to reaching by the time I’m 27/28:
- Buy a house
- Be settled in a human resource-based career
- Have a ginger kid or two
- Be more healthy (mentally, physically, and emotionally)
- Have less gray hair!
Here’s a special bonus for y’all – a couple pictures from my senior year!
What goals did you make for yourself five years ago? Did you reach them? What are some goals you wish to reach in five years from now?